Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Letter to Daisy

Dear Daisy,

Is it a sign? Another thing happens whenever dad's not around. It has just been a couple of hours after he left for KL and then at 4 a.m. it happen. My mom and i sleep down there for a precaution. We do such a thing whenever there's no man at home. Anyway, as usual i'll sleep early and wake up early in the morning. As in three something my eyes are threatening to become conscious (that's the first time i spell it correctly,congratulation D). So, there i was lying awake and staring the ceiling like i normally do, then turn on the laptop beside me. Just when i was about to get up, i heard the noise. The cracking noise. It was so loud that my mom gets up also. My mom told me to check upstairs and see if anything happen. I know it come from downstairs but i seal my lips at the moment. It was just a normal instinct. So, i check the upper level and see nothing nor hear anything. I went back down and there it was again. The cracking sound although it was not loud like the first one but you still can hear it. It come from the ceiling. Maybe from the fan. We can't do anything but stare at it both thinking the same thing. Wishing it stop and hopefully nothing more happen. We might know what is the reason. It was due to rotten wood that they use to build this house. Maybe, i didn't say it was the real thing but seriously, why does it have to happen whenever dad's not home? We don't know what happen then cause the sound stop but we can't assume that it has ended. Maybe it was just a beginning and probably a warning. Pray for our safety Daisy. I wonder why we always encounter this whenever dad's not home. It gave me a scare.

Daisy, that seem to be a wake up call for me. I have to get stronger and use my head faster for this type of situation. Me and my mom work together as a team. We blend in just perfectly. The flood, the sudden strong winds, the leaking, the fixing and nearly everything. I don't know what else. I'm so scared that things will get worse and worse. I don't ask for it but i can't avoid it. I really hope nothing happen anymore. Although it was just the sound of a crack, it could be serious. You never know. Probably the reason why i want to be so greedy in knowing everything. I have to know why it happen, how and what. Emergency cases like this, you wish there was someone else there but unfortunately you are alone and it really is tough. Sometimes, i wish i'm a guy. I want to protect my family from everything. Not in the good shape. My head are distraught. I worry too much right? But i need to take a precaution. I need to be a lot stronger. I need to be alert. I feel like going to war. I'm protecting everyone in everything that happen. But somehow it is not enough. Daisy, lend me your shoulder. Let me breathe again and lend me your strength for today. I'm dizzy thinking and worrying about it. Lend me your shoulder Daisy.

No comments:

Post a Comment